buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

*insert catchy title here*

It's Thursday. On Thursdays, I am supposed to have my two youngest boys at playschool at 9:00am. Since my other kids ended up spending the night with their dad because of the weather, I didn't have to get up as early as I typically do on Thursdays, and I think I set my alarm for 7:30. The boys got up and started playing around, and I continued laying on the futon, which was sooooo incredibly comfortable. And warm.

The next thing I knew, it was 8:39am. I had exactly 21 minutes to get them to school, and by God they were going. These mornings are the ONLY times that I have time to myself and I was not giving it up. I grabbed some clothes for them and got them dressed and then took a quick look at myself. Luckily, I generally sleep in sweats, so if I have to I can make a quick public appearance before actually getting dressed. While it's not my preference, it does occasionally happen. I grabbed some fruit snacks for them to eat on the way and we took off out the door.

I got them to school at 9:05 and was feeling quite pleased with myself for being close to on time, and I went back home. When I got out of the She-Beast, I slammed the door and turned around to walk to the door, and as I did, I bumped into a low-hanging branch on the neighbor's tree. Snow immediately dumped down the back of my bare neck and started melting down inside the back of my shirt. I bolted for the house, got inside, and was in the shower in about 2.5 seconds.

So began my day. I did manage to get my legs shaved with no bloodshed, which was definitely a plus...

I got out of the shower and got dressed and within moments there was a knock at my door. I wasn't expecting anyone and there was not a car in the driveway, so I cautiously opened my door. It was my neighbor lady, who apologetically asked if she could come inside, as she had locked her keys in her car and couldn't get back into her house. She had her cell phone with her so she had called her son to get him to at least let her back into her house and then she was calling her roadside assistance people to get the keys out of her car. We sat and visited for a while before her son arrived and she went back home.

Another knock at the door. What the.....? I opened up and it was the lady from the health department who was here to do the next portion of the inspection for my daycare licensing. Needless to say, I haven't done much of anything over the past week, so I now have a list of things that I *must* do this week.

She left exactly 5 minutes before I had to leave to go get the boys. So much for my me-time. Grrr. I went to get them and then hurried back home so that the 5 year old could get on the bus for preschool. The plan was for me and my youngest to leave as soon as he got on the bus - normally at about 11:20am - so that we could head up the road to work for the lady that I try to work for a few times per week. We waited for his bus, and at about 11:30 I called the school, only to find out that the busses weren't running today. Gee, thanks for letting me know that - NOT. So I told them that he wasn't going to be at school today, as I had plans that I had to get to, and since I DIDN'T KNOW that the busses weren't running, my plans were already screwed up enough.

We ran across town to get gas and some lunch for the boys, and his bus driver called me - she was following me and recognized the She-Beast (who wouldn't?) and was giving me a hard time, but also informed me that the busses weren't running again tomorrow. Ugh. Mess up my day some more, will you?

Anyway, we got gas, got lunch, and headed up to my lady's house. The boys watched a movie and ate lunch while I did some of her laundry and cleaned up around the house a bit. She has spent the past few months in either the hospital or a nursing home and so there is quite a bit of cleaning to do, but she is a lot of fun to work with and I enjoy going to see her.

Once I got done with her, we headed back home to wait for the older 3 to get home from school. Once they did and I visited with their father about stuff (Picture day is tomorrow. I have to take them to a basketball game tomorrow night. Weekend schedule. Homework stuff. Valentine crap.) we started on supper and homework and Valentines. I *hate* Valentine's Day. Always have, even when I wasn't single. But being single just makes me hate it even more. It is annoying. And why on Earth is my 6 year old's VD party tomorrow, when VD actually falls on Monday? Why do I have to deal with helping him fill out these stupid little cards today, when he should have all weekend to do it? Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Bath for the 5 year old, who once again pooped in his pants. Supper. Homework. Bath for the youngest. Valentine crap. Laundry. Dishes. Cleaning. Change the 5 year old into a different pair of pajamas because he pooped in the first pair. Send the 5 year old to bed. Send everyone else to bed. Take some time to type out this mindless drivel.

Now, it's almost 10pm. I still have to pack lunches, empty the dishwasher, pick up toys in the living room, I think there's a load of laundry that needs to be folded, not to mention actually washing the poopy load (it already went through the pre-soak cycle), do some paperwork, try to do some of the reading that I have to do for the daycare licensure, make sure all the backpacks are ready to go for tomorrow morning, and gather up whatever we need to take to my lady's house because I'm taking the younger two up there to work some more in the morning after we drop the older 3 off at school.

Yep. I need a clone. I really do. But then again, it would probably end up like that movie.....I don't remember the name of it, but I think the guy cloned himself, but the clone wasn't quite "right" and so he had to constantly clean up after the clone, and the clone's clone, etc etc etc. That was a movie, right?

Good grief I need sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Man Amy.....I gotta tell you, that just reading what you deal with in one day makes me want to take a nap. You are supermom....and I look up to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multiplicity.. Clones will never work.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.