buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I've been slacking

Just realized that it's been a couple of days, but as is typical in my life, although I've been insanely busy, not much has happened.

Probably the most excitement that we've had is that when my 5 year old got off the bus from preschool yesterday, his bus driver handed me a letter informing me that the preschool was now closed. Until further notice. That's it. It's closed. Wha..........? The driver and the aide were both in tears - they had been informed just before they brought the kids home.

The letter was vague at best - something about looking for a new grantee to run the program and they would reopen as soon as possible, blah blah blah. OK, luckily I don't have a "real" job so in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. But at the same time, I am so incredibly angry. There are other parents who work outside of the home who now have no one to watch their kid(s) while this grantee business is worked out. The kids are now totally thrown out of their routine. It's a mess. No one knows anything. Typical of a government funded program, I suppose.

I did finally receive my temporary daycare license in the mail today. I have been struggling with what I want to do as far as the daycare goes. Honestly, it's a hassle. Not the kids themselves, but the paperwork and the inspections and all that jazz. I enjoy the kids - I just don't enjoy the other stuff. I had almost decided that I didn't want to do it at all, other than the little bit of part time stuff that I do now. But, now that I have my license in hand, I think I'm going to go through with it and just keep it as a part time gig. I have other sources of income now, and running a daycare can now be more of a "fun" thing to do rather than something that I have to do. I think it's all going to work out just fine in the end.

So, in the morning, the three older kids will be heading off to their father's for the weekend and I *think* that my 5 year old is going to his father's, so it'll just be me and my youngest - I think the weekend will be devoted to cleaning (imagine that) and getting daycare stuff put together. I need to work on some advertising and go through some more paperwork and get some more stuff done, and I'm more likely to get that done with only one kid running amok.

We'll see how well that plan works....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.