buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sleep is overrated.

At least that's what I keep telling myself at this point.

I admit that I stayed up way too late last night. I got on the phone with a friend and we chatted until close to 1:30am. Knowing that I had to be up at 5:15, I finally got off the phone and laid down, but it was probably close to 2:00am before I fell asleep. The next thing I knew, my oldest daughter came out to get me telling me that the youngest had thrown up. Huh? What? Who are you? In my fog, I staggered back to his room and the smell woke me up instantly, and I realized that it was about 2:45am.

I got him stripped and into the bathtub, as that was the only hope for him at that point, and took his comforter and pajamas and immediately threw them into the washer. I got him into a fresh pair of jammies and put him in bed with me. By this time, it was close to 3:30am.

He fell asleep, but from that point on, he woke up and puked more about every 30-45 minutes. I knew that I still had to get the 3 older kids to school and so around 6:00am I sent a text to their stepmother asking if she could please come and pick them up, as I didn't want to take the chance of him getting sick on the way to or from, and thankfully she agreed.

In the meantime all of the kids were getting up and getting ready, and the 6 year old just didn't look right. Sure enough, he started saying that his stomach hurt. Fine - I made the executive decision to keep him home as well. I got the pancakes made, got everyone fed who wanted to eat, and sent the girls to school with their stepmother. I dozed off and on while the boys played but then had to get up to get the 5 year old to playschool. About this time, the youngest one's diarrhea started. Fun fun.

As we pulled into the playschool parking lot, a car started backing out of a parking space and came within inches of slamming into my door (ironically, the car had PA tags on it) so I slammed on my brakes and hit the horn. I felt the brakes lock up but didn't think too much about it. I pulled up behind the school, took the 5 year old inside, and when I came back out I noticed that both my "brake" light and my "anti-lock" light were lit up on the dash. I turned the van off and back on thinking that might reset them, but no, the lights stayed on while we drove home. The brakes feel ok, I think - I just don't know why the lights won't go off. Add it to the list of repairs.

Now for the rest of the day it's laundry and cleaning to try to get the smell of vomit out of the house, figure out something for supper (as usual), homework, paperwork - I was going to try to do some grocery shopping but I'm not sure if I can do that with Sir Poopsalot, but I need to figure something out. And maybe at some point I can actually take the time to get a shower. Excitement!!!

I wonder when I'll be able to get a full night's sleep.....Let's see, the youngest will be 18 in June 2025 - I think I can hold out that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.