buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Welcome to the Barf-O-Rama

Ugh. That's about all I can say about this day.

We all got up this morning and I managed to get everyone up and dressed and fed and to school on time, and then the 2 younger ones and I came home, as they didn't have school today. I called Connie to let her know that we would not be coming to see her, as Sir Pukesalot was continuing to spew from both ends, and I didn't think that it was a good idea to expose her to that. So we tentatively rescheduled for Tuesday.

I spent the day rotating between laundry, mopping, disinfecting, dishes, holding the puke can, racing the little one to the toilet, and trying to sit and relax occasionally. It was nuts. But I did get a lot of cleaning done around the house, and the floors actually look really good for a change. Now, if I can only keep them that way.....

After the older kids got home, we ate supper (leftovers!) and then went out to run a few errands. The brake lights on my dash are still on from the near-accident yesterday, so I know that I'm going to need to get those looked at soon. We stopped and got a card for a high school classmate who is going through some major health issues (mental note: put in mail tomorrow) and then we went and got some milk and ice cream.

After we got home, I let the girls run across the street to rent a couple of movies and then everyone started to relax a little bit. I *think* that everyone might be asleep, which makes me wonder - why am I still up? I did manage to get some sleep last night, but if I went to be now, I could theoretically get 8 or 9 hours of sleep, barring any unexpected spewage from any of the kids.

(Right on cue - just did a round of poop/puke cleanup. Yay me.)

Now where was I? Honestly, I have no idea. These last 2 days have really just blended into one big long puke-filled ordeal. Thank God tomorrow is Saturday, we don't have to get up early (although I'm sure I will anyway), we don't have to go anywhere, and maybe we can just relax. I haven't checked the weather, but if it's decent hopefully we can get outside and play (assuming the pukage stops) and just have a good day. I need a break.

On that note, I am going to clean the piles of laundry off of the futon, put in a stupid movie, and try to go to sleep. If I'm lucky, I'll be out cold by 11:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.