buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Does life ever slow down?

I swear, I keep telling myself that I'm going to write something on here every day, and I keep falling down on the job. Things have been so crazy hectic around here that sometimes it seems like I go days without sitting still - or when I do sit still, all I can do is stare at the computer and play stupid games because I just can't think anymore.

We've had kids in and out of the house constantly, a spur-of-the-moment sleepover last weekend, running back and forth to take care of Connie, the usual errands, constant laundry/dishes/housekeeping, trying to keep the She-Beast running, getting kids to school, etc.... Just when I think I have a schedule set for the week, something changes. Next week we have parent/teacher conferences, book fairs (must remember to make snacks for bake sale), hopefully my 5 year old's preschool will reopen (it had BETTER reopen), plus all the other usual stuff. Then the week after that is spring break and our schedule is all sorts of off for that.

And in addition to the normal laundry, I got a bunch of clothes for the girls off of freecycle (love me some freecycle!) and I had to wash all of that and sort it, and then I made the girls go through all of their clothes to get rid of stuff that they don't want. So now we have a big bag of stuff to go back ON freecycle. It's a hassle, but at least it gets the stuff out of here - as long as the freecycler who wants it actually picks it up as arranged. But that's a pet peeve I'll save for another day.

The good(?) thing is that the kids don't have school tomorrow, so we don't have to get up *quite* so early, but we're also taking the She-Beast to have a friend look at her at 8:00am so we still have to be up and functioning earlier than usual for a day off. But hopefully we can figure out where the oil hemmorhage is coming from and then formulate a plan to patch her up.

Then it's back home and/or run errands and/or go to the library and/or any number of other things. Have a few extra kids for an hour or so later in the afternoon, and then I have this nagging feeling that I was supposed to do something tomorrow evening - eeek! Can't remember if I did, so if I had plans with someone, I hope they're reading this and will remind me. Then it's up early Saturday to get the older 3 back to their dad's house, go take care of Connie for a few hours, then possibly to a friend's house to possibly start a garden, do some walking, and hopefully enjoy some hot tub time (I know you're reading, so *hint hint*).

Sunday is church, hopefully more walking....and it just goes on and on and on and on....

Maybe, just maybe I'll get a day off sometime in the near future. No kids, no schedule, no responsibilities. I can eat bon bons and watch movies and do nothing all day.

Oh wait....I think it is impossible for Hell to freeze over. Darn it.

So maybe I'll just give up for tonight and go to bed - although as I look at my bed, I see two bodies on it. Guess I'll couch it for the night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.