buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Whoa.

I started jogging. Wait...really? Did I just say that?

It's true - on Tuesday, I took the boys to playschool and then left from there and started walking. I figured that it made more sense to just leave from there then it did to drive home, go walk, then drive back to get them. If I just walked from there, I could walk more. (Funny how my brain actually works sometimes.)

Anyway, I had pre-mapped out my route with the intentions of going 6 miles. I know what pace I have to keep in order to do the half-marathon in the allotted time, so that's what I focused on with the app on my phone. When I was about halfway through the 6 miles, I was feeling pretty good and I got a crazy thought in my head - could I jog? So I tried....and wow! I did it! And it felt pretty darned good too! So it only lasted about a block, but still - I did it. I walked some more, then jogged a little bit. I did this 4 or 5 times throughout the 6 miles.

Today, I started out on the same route, but I jogged more. I think I shaved about 4-5 minutes off of my total time, so I am very happy with that. Surprisingly, I'm not as sore as I thought that I would be *knock on wood* so hopefully I can keep it up. It's just tough to find time when I don't have any kids with me, as right now that only happens two mornings per week.

But, other than that, it's been more of the same old stuff. Constantly cleaning and doing laundry and doing dishes and wrangling the kids and everything else. Toss in a few more battles with the IRS and smoke rolling out from under the hood of the She-Beast and it just makes the first half of the week complete.

There is actually so much more going on in my head right now that I can't even begin to sort it out. But, I'm working on it, and maybe once I do I'll share some of it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around some things that have been going on lately and until I can do that, I can't possibly make it make sense to anyone else.

Kid duty calls....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.