buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

5 days and counting....Really?

Yikes.

The half-marathon is in 5 days. F-I-V-E days.

What have I gotten myself into? Can I really do this?

Yep, I am officially in panic mode. Completely and totally.

I haven't done crap to prepare for the last week or more, partially because I was sick, partially because the weather has sucked, and partially because....well, I don't know.

I know I can do 7 miles. I do 7 miles all the time. But I have to be able to do 13.1 miles. I've never done 13.1 miles before. Never.

Everything is in place.

I have stuff with the kids situated. The older 3 are going to their father's house Saturday night. The 5 year old is *supposed* to go with his father Saturday night (yeah, right). The 3 year old (and most likely the 5 year old) will be spending the night with some friends and then in the morning, I will leave the kid(s) there while I go and torture myself for 13.1 miles. After the race, I'm going back to their house, where I will promptly crawl out their back door, across the deck, and into the hot tub where I will remain until all that is left of me is a wrinkled up blob of skin.

But I got a new outfit so that I don't look like a dork crawling across the finish line in a nasty tshirt and cutoff sweatpants. At least I'll be color coordinated when they put me in the body bag.

Can I really do this?



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Follow Non-Stop Mom on facebook! Click here
And now on Twitter too! Click here

4 comments:

  1. Of course you can do this! Don't let the enemy tell you otherwise!! Love ya girl! -Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stacey! I'm getting nervous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally can. Girl if you can single handedly wrangle five kids, you can do anything, and surely are some sort of divine being in my book. I can't even run 13 steps let alone 13 miles. :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.