buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A better day

Today was definitely a better day. I went to bed early last night and slept for 8 solid hours - something that I don't have the opportunity to do very often. It's not that I don't try to get sleep - I've just always been a nightowl, and with the amount of stuff that has to be done around here on a regular basis, I just don't have time to sleep.

So my day has been filled with the usual - taking care of the boys, doing laundry, cleaning...then I saw a post on facebook from our local homeless shelter indicating that they were in need of some items. I have been thinking about starting to get more involved with things like this, so I felt that it was the perfect opportunity. After the preschooler got on the bus, the youngest and I went to the grocery store to get some things on the shelter's list. We delivered the stuff to them, and it was so nice to know that I was helping people right here in our town - and considering the fact that we were so incredibly close to being homeless, it meant more to me to be able to help them.

After we came home and ate lunch, the youngest and I decided to go to the library. We walked up there (I walked, he rode in the stroller) and we hung out for a little bit while he picked out some movies and I got some books that I probably won't read. On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store (yes, again) to get stuff for the older kids' lunches, because of course we forgot that the first time around.

We hung out for a while he watched his movies and I did laundry and stuff. All of the kids got home from school, then it was time for supper (which we ate outside on our new and improved patio area) and then the older three went to church with their father.

Time for me to get the younger two ready for bed, clean up the place a little bit, and prepare for the older three to come back home - again.


Just some random shots from the day...new tulips are blooming!







Cute statue at the library



Redbuds are blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.