buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cleaning up the joint

So we moved into this house about 7 months ago. I haven't done a whole lot of work outside because I was too busy getting the inside set up, and then it got cold, and then I didn't feel like it, blah blah blah. I decided to get out there today and work on it.

We have this potentially really nice area beside the house - it's concrete and it's somewhat sheltered behind the porch so it's the perfect area for the picnic table. However, it's been covered with leaves, dirt, and walnuts, not to mention some trash.

What it looked like a few hours ago...


The entrance into the crawl space under the house


A few hours and 4 55-gallon trash bags later...


Still a few odds & ends to put away...



And just some more random shots from around the yard....

Love me some dafodills...my all-time most favorite kind of flower in the world, and they're just popping up in random spots in my yard!!!


Literally, in the middle of the yard - no rhyme or reason as to where they are...


Little weeds all the way back by the alley


The tulips out front - still gorgeous. Can't wait for more to bloom.


I have no idea what these are...part of the flowerbed lottery.



Now it's time to kick back with some NASCAR, do some cleaning, and see if I can get the inside of the house to look decent. I feel another laundry-fest coming on.

2 comments:

  1. The 'little weeds' are wild violets. Technically they are weeds, but I really really love them.

    The plant in the bottom picture is called live-forever. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wild violets are all over the place - thanks for telling me what they are! Another friend told me that the one on the bottom was a lizards tongue or something like that - I'm guessing that it has lots of names. I also found some naked ladies in my yard! *grin*

    We'll see what's still standing by this time tomorrow - it's supposed to get ugly here this afternoon. =/

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.