buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Fingerprint Friday - Ready to Run!

Fingerprint Friday was started by my friend Beki over at The Rusted Chain - each week we blog about our interpretations of God's fingerprints in everyday life - go check out her blog and follow the links to some other really neat blogs!

Those of you who have been following me probably already know, but for those of you who don't - after years of constant pain I had a total hip replacement in November 2008. Other than my leg coming out a bit longer than it should have, the surgery was flawless and I have never felt better.

Tomorrow morning, my girls and I are participating in a 5K - while some of the women choose to run, it is open to everyone - runners, joggers, and walkers. The girls' school encourages participation and last year was our first year to do it. The girls and I have been looking forward to it for several months.
I am so blessed to be able to do these kinds of things - the fun 5K tomorrow and my attempt at the half-marathon on Sunday - and had I not had the surgery, it would have been impossible. There was a time in my life not so long ago that I couldn't even walk up the steps in my house, and now I am participating in races!

Stay tuned througout the weekend to see if I survive or not...... ;)


(And how do you like the new look?)

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I think you blog looks great, and I love what you wrote for "About Me"! :) Have a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! Love the new look. Keep up the awesome-ness! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.