buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Fingerprint Friday

Fingerprint Friday is something that was started by my friend Beki at The Rusted Chain - you really need to read her blog. It's funny and uplifting and she posts amazing pictures all the time - I only wish that I could take pictures like she does! And she makes this really cool jewelry (and I have my eye on several of her pieces, and I am going to get some very soon).

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God


Every Friday, Beki challenges her followers to look for the fingerprints of God, post them, and then link back to her blog. This is the first time that I've done it, but this entire morning definitely qualifies.

This morning was crazy, to say the least. On Thursdays and Fridays, I typically have to be up by 5:15-5:30am in order to get all 5 kids up, dressed, fed, and out the door by 7:15 for school.

Today, I woke up at 6:54am. I flew off of the futon faster than I ever have, despite my muscles screaming at me for my 7 mile walk/jog yesterday. I yelled at the kids to get up, which amazingly enough they all did relatively quickly. The girls got dressed, I got the boys started and the girls helped them finish, I threw lunches into lunch bags and then ran out to unplug the She-Beast. Luckily this time, the battery charger worked and she started right up on the first try.

The kids all got in the She-Beast and helped each other get buckled while I drove across the street to the store. My oldest and I ran inside, grabbed some donuts and Gatorade for the kids and some Cadbury Creme Eggs and a Diet Pepsi for me, and we were on our way. What? That's not an appropriate breakfast? So what.

Anyway, believe it or not, we got to school on time. I dropped the older 3 off and headed back home with the younger two. It is rare that my kids are so cooperative and willing to work with each other. Don't get me wrong - there was still bickering and drama but all in all for starting out so late, it went smoothly....


Some shots of the drive home - it was amazing...

What an amazing sky...

I just love this little farm. I take pictures of it constantly. I don't know what it is about it....

Playing around with one of the camera apps on my phone - I think it came out pretty cool!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a mad dash that sounds like! Beautiful sky and such an idyllic farm - a peaceful moment in your hectic day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed your link from SDL. The story is funny, i felt myself rushing right along with you. The photos are stunning. Excellent pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the kind comments! Sadly, this is what most of my days are like! ;) I wouldn't know what to do if I had a calm, quiet, organized day - I'd probably go nuts from boredom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really should be putting your blogs into a book. This is such awesome reading, and you do take great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.