buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

If you blog it, he will come...and other random thoughts.

Since I can't seem to put together any coherent thoughts tonight, it's another post of random thoughts. And stuff. Deal with it.

~ A follow-up to the other night's post - I was surprised by a knock at the door just after the 5 year old left for school this morning. I was even more surprised to open it and find his MIA father standing there. He apologized for disappearing and had a list of excuses. Not saying that they were good or bad, true or false. He had his reasons, and we're good. For now.

~ Duct tape is a wonderful thing. Contrary to popular belief (and facebook rumors) I did not use it on my children. Instead, I used it to once again repair Gramma's ottoman, which started puking little dried-up grass-looking stuff all over the living room, because certain little fingers peeled the previous duct tape patches off of it.
(FYI - Gramma passed away in 1994. This is an old ottoman.)


~ I did my 7 miles this morning. Yay me. (Mental note: restock ibuprofen supply before weekend.)

~ I thought I would shake things up and do my 7-mile route in reverse just to shake things up. Not that I walked it backwards, but I went the opposite direction. It shook things up for sure - since I took a wrong turn (hey, those housing developments all look the same!) and wasn't sure that I was going to make it back to pick up the boys on time.

~ A watched bank account does not grow. Especially when the deposit isn't supposed to go in until tomorrow. Really. Checking it before midnight (or whatever time automatic deposits go in) does nothing but cause irritability.

~ I still love my new van. She does still need to be named though.

~ Watching "Jay Walking" on Leno scares me. No, it terrifies me. I can't believe the absolute stupidity of people wandering the streets in this country.

~ You know that you are truly a mom when the most exciting things on your calendar for the week are your 4th grader's spelling bee and your 1st grader's poetry recital. I'm not complaining - I'm enjoying the lack of drama.

~ Almost forgot that I have a 5K that I'm doing Saturday morning. But it's not a real race - people do run it, but I'm totally walking it. Probably with a stroller.

~ Even the most angelic child will sometimes haul off and punch the daylights out of an older sibling when he has had enough of the older one's attitude. And no matter how hard I try, I will always turn around and laugh before I attempt to discipline him.

~ Kansas weather sucks. Just had to throw that one in there.

~ I really hope that I can pull off this road trip this summer. The more I think about it and the more plans I make, the more excited I get for it!

~ And now, I have a million more things to do....and do them I must. Someday, the Laundry Fairy and the Dish Genie will actually show up and do their jobs so that I can truly relax.




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Follow Non-Stop Mom on facebook! Click here
And now on Twitter too! Click here

2 comments:

  1. Gah! My twitter account got suspended after that chat, and I don't know why! I emailed them to find out, but the automated email said it might take a few days for a response!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooooooooo! That makes no sense!!!

    OMG I have so much reading of blogs to catch up on tonight - thank goodness I don't sleep! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.