buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, May 23, 2011

It's growing! It's growing!

I have to admit that I was getting a little worried about our garden. It has been brutally dry here and the last time I went and checked on it, it was looking pretty bleak. But then we got a few good days of rain, and so I went down to check on it today....

He better not be eating anything...


Barely beans...


Bigger beans!


Look! Baby pee! I mean baby peas!


Look closely - there are some green onions in there.


Watermelon


Canteloupe


Squash


Anthills everywhere...


Beautiful day!


One of my favorite little dirtballs!


So hopefully everything will keep growing for the next week, since it's going to be at least that long until I get back down there to work on it. We're supposed to get some more rain, which will definitely help, but the next two days will be spent cleaning and packing so that I can be ready to run away for a few days later this week.... yay!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks! For a cheap little point & shoot camera, I sometimes get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather, those pics are awesome! Looks like a professional camera.
    Don't worry, ladybugs are supposed to eat Aphids, which eat plants, so you should be good there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's a Canon PowerShot A580. It really is a good camera, but I can't do as much with it as I'd like to. It came with a printer that prints FABULOUS pictures so I use that quite a bit, but I can't get the paper/ink for it as easily as I used to. :( One of these days I'll upgrade to a good camera.

    And just for the record, it took about 15 shots to get the ladybug to where it wasn't blurry. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, and impressive garden! I like it that several of my friends like to garden - they always end up with way too much produce and they share their veggies with me. :-) Especially zucchini. I seem to get a lot of zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking GREAT! I have to tell you that I have always heard that its not the camera, but the photographer that takes a good picture...you are definitely a good photographer! Gotta love digital .... sometimes 50 shots later you get that "random" shot LOL!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had half the talent you do! The only thing I can manage to grow is grass and weeds! I'm sure the seeds would grow much better if I ever got them planted. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like garden at this early stage, when everything is pushing up out of the ground, almost as much as when it's time to harvest! Yours looks great! Hopefully after this weekend I'll be able to plant; I was going to do that this evening but we had another rainstorm last night and once again it's too wet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man it is about time this stuff started coming up. I was really starting to get worried too. Hopefully we can get a nice little rain each week and I don't have to run up the water bill to much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous pics love the lady bug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look and feel of a young garden. Congratulations on your babies peeping through the soil. Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.