buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Mom Pledge

As I've been out cruising through the blog world over the past few weeks, I've come across so many interesting ones that it's been hard to keep track of all of them! I found one on twitter (or maybe she found me) that's called The Mom Pledge. I glanced at it before, but I finally sat down tonight and really read it.

From the website: "The Mom Pledge is about bloggers standing up, speaking out, and coming together to eradicate online bullying of moms by other moms. The time has come for us to take the power back and own this issue."

Because this is something that I believe in very strongly, I am taking The Mom Pledge. Bullying in any form - whether it be amongst children, teens, young adults, or adults - is unacceptable. I have been fortunate so far in that I haven't personally witnessed it on the blogs that I visit regularly, but I know it's out there. How can we expect our children to grow up to be respectful of others if we as their parents can't even model how to do it?

So, to all of my other moms who blog - please, go visit The Mom Pledge and take the pledge yourself. Join the community!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I so agree...I have one main rule on my own blog...and that is: "play nice" :)
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%! I have dealt with so much drama in my life over the past few years, and I just don't need it anymore. People can disagree, but they can do it respectfully and act like adults.

    I don't see how anyone could *not* play nice on your blog - it's such a safe, refreshing place to be! I love it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking The Pledge! You're right; we have to set the example for our children. So happy to have you join our community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read a blog post about a woman (not a mother) who takes pictures of children in strollers. She finds kids that she thinks are too big to be ridding, takes their pictures and posts them on her blog with the faces blurred. While she's not showing the parents, this is a form of bullying that I find a bit disgusting.

    "I'm not a parent and know nothing about what it's like to be a parent, but I will publicly judge you and your parenting."

    http://mraion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DISLIKE BULLIES BIG TIME. THE ONE TIME I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A BULLY IS WHEN I'D BE OUT SHOPPING AND A CHILD WOULD BE CRYING BECAUSE THEY WERE TIRED OR HUNGRY AND THE MOTHER IS DRAGGING THE CHILD WALKING VERY FAST NOT REALIZING THEIR LEGS ARE NOT AS LONG AS THE MOTHER. THE CHILD HAS TO DO DOUBLE TIME TO KEEP UP AND ALL THE TIME THE MOTHER IS YELLING AT THE CHILD AND TELLING HIM TO SHUT UP. TO ME THAT'S BEING A BULLY. I SO WANT TO BULLY THE MOM AND MAKE HER SLOW DOWN OR GO HOME.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.