buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Wildlife and leaving

Well, this is it. We are on the road heading home - Kelly's driving so I can catch up a little bit. Yesterday we hung out behind the house at the lake, swimming and relaxing. The lake was really choppy and the waves were really high, so we put on lifejackets and went way out and bobbed around for a few hours.

I found this little lizard on the neighbor's porch. At one point I did have a little run-in with some fire ants. I was surprised at the lack of bugs in general - I figured we'd get eaten alive, but other than the ants I don't think I got a single bite.

We had so much fun. Kelly's family is huge and funny and crazy. The boys had a blast running around with the other kids and wore themselves out. In fact, Alex is out cold already and we just got on the road.

We have about 7 hours to get Kelly's house, and then about 3 for us to get home. So it'll be another long day. I get to pick my computer up from my friend's house on my way home and then I'll officially be back online. I have other pictures on my camera that I will post tonight or tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Finally! You aren't allowed to take vacations anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good things must come to an end... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT JUST LOOKED LIKE A FUNN TIME FOR A NEAT LITTLE FAMILY.GLAD YOU GOT TO GO. BE SAFE DRIVING HOME.

    TG GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was awesome, but it is good to be home finally. I'm just now downloading the pictures from my real camera to my computer, so I'll be able to post more of those later on today. I'm trying to get everything put away - luckily we did laundry while we were there so I don't have much of that to do, but I do want to get the van thoroughly cleaned out today - it's NASTY in there.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.