buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Brotherly love

They amaze me at times. They really do.

These two can fight like cats and dogs - and beat the crap out of each other (and even though Daniel is little, he's quickly learning to hold his own) - but at the end of the day, and sometimes even in the middle of it, their love for each other comes through.



I just hope that the closeness continues for a long, long time - not just with these two, but with all of them. They are all so close in age - there's less than 8 years from the oldest to the youngest - and I want them to all be close to each other. It's hard with the older 3 being gone half of the time, but I see the bond when they're all together.

This is just one of the many reasons why this road trip next month is so important to me. I can't wait to have all 5 kids together for an extended period of time. I'm sure that there will be fights, but the memories created will last a lifetime.

6 comments:

  1. Amy, you grab some of the cutest pics! I am excited for your trip...it will be wonderful to have all of you together...lots of memories to be made
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEMORIES ARE MADE BY WONDERFUL MOMS. YOUR ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS. MEMORIES ARE MADE IN SMALL STEPS.

    GRANNY FROM TAMPA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! The trip will be long, and there will be fighting, but it will be fun. We did it 2 years ago, but not quite to this extent - we just basically went to PA and back. This time we're adding in a few more stops so it'll be longer, but it'll be worth it. Things are slowly starting to fall into place with it.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms Amy...The love you have for your kids comes out on every blog post. With a mom like you with your head on straight, your kids are going to turn out just fine. Keep up the good work!!! PS Thanks for reading mine too. :-) http://ericlaase.blogspot.com/2011/06/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-me.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric, hon....I've been accused of a lot of things, but having my head on straight is not usually one of them! ;)

    But thank you! And I will keep reading as long as you keep writing!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sibling bond is an awesome thing. I try to nurture that too. "Brothers don't fight, they stick up for each other."

    Last week when the boys got back here, we were discussing whether we should push their beds together or keep them apart with a night stand between them. The younger wanted them together, the older wanted them apart. Of course. We kept them apart. Two days later I go to check on them before going to bed and the older is sleeping in the same bed as the younger one. It was too precious.

    Kar
    http://flipsidesanity.blogspot.com
    http://flipsideumami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.