buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

And now I have a new bathroom....sort of.

I'm running on about 2 hours' worth of sleep (stupid insomnia) and I've been running with the kids all day today to stay out of the way of the contractors, so this is going to be short and sweet. It's only 7:10pm and my head is bobbing around because I'm so tired....

If you missed the pictures of my ugly bathroom before, go here.

Here are some in progress pictures....



One of the contractors stomped really hard and put his foot through the flooor.


Where the toilet was.


You know it's bad when the sink ends up on the porch.


Finally 8-9 hours after they started, I got the call that they were done. As far as I was concerned, if the floor was flat and sturdy, I'd be happy. Bare wood would even be acceptable after the mess that I had. But I came home to this....





The toilet is straight now, but it's trickling. I'll deal with that in the morning.


The linoleum is buckled, but I don't care. This part is under a shelf and my bucket of dirty laundry sits here anyway.



And a mess to clean up, but again, it'll be there in the morning.


It's far from a beautiful job, but it's functional, and it's better than what I had. If I had paid for it, I wouldn't be happy, but I didn't, so it's all good.

11 comments:

  1. Whew. That just made me sweat looking at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful that I wasn't the one doing the work this time. I've done this stuff before, so it was nice to be able to walk away from it and let the professionals handle it.

    Although I did break down and fix the trickling toilet already. I couldn't stand the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMY, YOUR ATTIDUDE ON LIFE IS PRICELESS. GOOD JOB.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMY!!!! This is GREAT! Doesn't it feel wonderful to have this done? and like you said....YOU didn't have to do it...so happy. How nice will this be to come back home from tmoart and not fall through the floor! lol
    Hope you are getting a good night's sleep...we are busy PAINTING in our little bathroom..not a great job and a different color than I would have done, BUT my daughter had picked it up (originally for our bedroom) and I chickened out so used it in the bathroom...at least it will be a fresh coat of paint!
    Hope you are sleeping..how great would that be!
    Sweet dreams..to ALL of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That looks much better!
    And, you know, if any of it bugs you... in a couple of months... have them fix it a little more!!!!

    I'm glad you're content.

    Vacation is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 more days.....

    I slept for 11 hours last night. It was wonderful, but oh my goodness I hurt when I got up and started moving. We were going to attempt a lake trip, but with the kids' attitudes today....yeah. They have a long way to go before they redeem themselves enough to earn something like that.

    I still have to put the bathroom back together....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is completely beside the point, but we have the same hair conditioner and shampoo. Just thought I'd mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BrightenedBoy - LOL really? Too funny! I was wondering if anyone would make a comment about something like that, and you didn't let me down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing! We're constantly in the process of upgrading the house, but I'm terrified to do the bathroom. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Justin, luckily I didn't really have to deal with this, other than staying out of their way. If I had actually done it, I have to say that I would have done a better job than these yahoos did, but whatever. It's not my house, so I can't really complain. LOL Bathrooms aren't really that hard to do, unless you have to get into major plumbing issues - then it can suck.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.