buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Another (almost) cleaning-free day

We finally made it out to the lake for a little bit today. We didn't stay for very long - only a couple of hours - but it was still nice to get out of the house for a while.





After we got home from the lake and got most of the wet nasty sandy stuff into the washer, a friend dropped her son off with us for the night. She is spending the night at Girl Scout camp with her daughter and she's watched my boys before, so it's nice to be able to help her out for a change. He's Alex's age, but unfortunately they haven't gotten to play together much tonight since Alex refused to eat supper and got sent to bed early.

I did have a slight crisis tonight while making supper. Stupid ceramic tile floor claimed yet another victim.

*sigh*


Going to work on getting them all to bed soon....need to get up at a reasonable hour in the morning, get the older 3 off to their father's house, get the extra one ready to be picked up by his mom, and then Alex and Daniel and I have some running to do all day tomorrow, potentially ending with a picnic in Wichita in the evening. I still need to finish putting the bathroom back together and clean the laundry room and clean off my porches, and then I can pretty much say that my house is officially ready for vacation.

6 days....

7 comments:

  1. Here it comes! Sneaking up quickly...was just going to ask if you had the count down and then saw the "6 days"...SO excited for you...am hoping the tmoart is FANtastic and everything you want it to be...
    Have a great day out tomorrow...
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now that it's after midnight, technically I'm down to 5 days. It's coming up so quickly! The next few days will be spent doing laundry and packing....yay me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys! I know the vacation is going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 54,3,2,1. BINGO, ON THE ROAD AGAIN. ISN'T THAT A WILLIE NELSON SONG. ENJOY YOUR NEXT FEW DAYS. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING. I HOPE YOU'LL BE ABLE TO POST SOMETHING EVERYDAY.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will all be counting down with you Amy! And thank goodness you are cleaning off your porch, I have been waiting for you to get to it! J/K LOL...just my sick sense of humor, hope you appreciate it ;-)
    Saying a prayer that all goes well,
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granny - I plan to continue posting while we're on the road. I might even have to teach Sarah how to do it so that she can do some mini-posts for me while I'm actually driving! ;)

    Beth - LMAO! Those porches are pretty nasty - there's junk on them that hasn't been put away since we moved in, so it's definitely time to de-Sanford&Son-ize them.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.