buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cookie Monster

This week is Vacation Bible School at our church. I've always wanted to volunteer for it, but never have been able to in the past...but this year I'm on snack duty. :)

So part of my duties was to make sugar cookies. Big sugar cookies. I mixed and measured and baked and cooled for much of the afternoon.

Yes, there is the obligatory cup of Diet Pepsi in the middle of it all.

Of course, all of the measurements were exact and precise.

I think I had about 75 cookies by the time that I was done.

The boys and I had supper at the church before they went to their groups and I went to the snack area to perform my duties.

This year's theme is the "Shake It Up Cafe" and whoever took care of the decorating did a fantastic job.


The kids were to make faces on their cookies, using frosting, M&Ms, Skittles, Smarties, and licorice. Some got creative - I was informed that this one was "wearing a mask".







It was a fun evening, but I did learn that flip flops are not good to wear when I'm on my feet that much - my toes were a cramped up mess by the time I got back out to the van. Tomorrow, I will be wearing my sneakers!

Now, for the rest of the night, I believe I will be cleaning out the laundry room. Yikes. Scary.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, those cookies look like you just snatched them up from Dillon's or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WONDER I NEED A NAP EVERYDAY. EVERY TIME I READ YOUR BLOG I'M POOPED. LOL

    WHAT A WONDERFUL THING FOR CHILDREN. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. THE KIDS ARE HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD JOB, AMY.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.