buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Fingerprint Friday

On most Fridays, I participate in Fingerprint Friday, which was started by my friend Beki over at The Rusted Chain. Bloggers blog about our interpretations of seeing the fingerprints of God - if you go back to her blog and look, by the end of the day there will be a long list of fabulous blogs linked up to hers. Go read some of them and check them out - I have found some great new blogs to follow through this.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


So we all know that Wednesday was just a rough day around here. And yesterday was so much better.

While I was laying on the "beach" at the lake yesterday (frying myself to a crisp, as I later realized) I was thinking about how good of a day it was turning out to be. I mean really, who could beat this:


The kids were actually playing together, after being at battle with each other less than 24 hours before. Sure, there was bickering, but it was just the usual stuff - and I believe that the fists only flew a few times, and usually in a more lighthearted manner. I can handle that.


Jared is even getting a little more brave in the water, although he's still not super comfortable with it. I really need to get him (all of them, actually) into swim lessons again.


The weather was gorgeous, and the scenery around the lake just begged for more pictures, but I was limited to the swimming area. One of these days I'm going to go out there and just take a billion pictures all over the place.


Sure, it might have been 106 degrees out, but the humidity was low and there was a good breeze coming off of the water, so it was just wonderful...









While days like Wednesday make me question my ability as a single parent, days like yesterday make me realize that I can do it. I might lose any bit of sanity that is still hiding in my brain, but I'll make it through it all.

6 comments:

  1. Visiting from Beki's blog. We're in NE Colorado. The lake looks wonderful! We haven't made it to ours yet this year and your photos made me miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun.. we are hoping to make it to the beach this weekend after our crazy busy week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shan, thanks for coming by - I appreciate it! This lake is only about 10 minutes from our house, and for some reason, we've just never gone. But this year we've been there several times already. It's a great way to burn off some steam, and we can't beat the price! ;)

    Amanda, I hope you get to go - the stress relief is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came from Bekis, too. Usually post and link but we are on a.mini vacation ....I love these pictures, so much peace. Read your "about me" and am touched and inspired by your obvious strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sara! I appreciate your kind words - they mean a lot!

    :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by AND joining Dreaming.
    It is great to see more Kansas bloggers.

    Hope you have a wonderful 4th! Don't forget the sunscreen!!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.