buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

First travel day!

We made it to our first destination - Shelbyville, KY. We stopped at the arch in St. Louis for a spur-of-the-moment visit, ate meals at rest stops, and did a total of about 738 miles. We are staying with my friend Tom for the night and have been having a blast!

Tomorrow we continue our journey to Virginia, where we will stay for the weekend.

I need to get the kids off of the Wii and calmed down. Ha.

Oh, they did great in the van - I only had to pull over and lay the law down once. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Glad the first day was uneventful. Ying and Tasty Cakes await you in VA.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you made it safely (and sanely????) to your first stop...looks like a beautiful day and so much fun...hope you can rest now...lots of miles on little to no sleep..
    thanks for the updates..
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the first day went well!!! Have a fantastic trip!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a good day. Tom and I finally decided to crash and I must say that this couch is sooooooo comfy! I would love to spend more time with him and his daughter but we are taking off around 8am so he can get to work.

    I have been to the arch before but it's probably been close to 30 years. It is amazing. We didn't spend much time - just took a bunch of pictures and left but we might do it again on the way back if we have time.

    I am looking forward to getting to Virginia and relaxing for a couple of days......

    ReplyDelete
  5. ON THE ROAD AGAIN.99 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL 99 BOTTLES OF BEER. TAKE ONE DOWN, PASS IT AROUND, 98 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL,AND SO ON. A ROAD SONG TO SING. OR YOU CAN SAY SODA.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.