buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Progress!

So I officially started packing today. And I am so very thankful for my beautiful new big suitcases! I fit everything that I need for the boys (with the exception of their shoes) into the smaller one, and all of my stuff and the girls' stuff will go in the larger one. I would have had all of their stuff done too, but I refuse to pick out their clothes - they can do it when they get back from their dad's in the morning and then I'll get everything else packed.

I put a set of pj's and a set of clothes for each of us into my tiny suitcase, and that will be our overnight bag for Thursday. We are staying with my friend Tom in Kentucky that night, and this way, we'll just have to lug one bag into his house. At least, that's the plan.

Once the suitcases are all packed tomorrow, they're going into the van, along with the sleeping bags and anything else that can possibly go in there. I need to prep the food that we're taking (as in, cut up lunchmeat and cheese to make our own version of Lunchables) and get it packed up. I want to have everything in the van before we go to VBS.

After we get home from VBS, I don't care what the kids do (within reason) - they can stay up all night and watch movies, but I'm going to do my best to sleep. If I can lay down at 9:00pm, that'll give me almost 6 hours' worth of sleep. I can do that.

I have a few errands to do tomorrow, but nothing major. I swear, come hell or high water, we are leaving here at 3:00am on Thursday. I have been thinking about this trip for a year or more, and have been seriously planning it for months - nothing is going to stop me.

And yes, we will be posting along the way. I'll be doing mobile posts here while we're on the road (ok, I'm going to teach Sarah how to do it while I'm driving), I'll do "real" posts when we can get to a computer, and I'll also be updating on twitter and facebook - both on my personal page and on my blog page - so if you're not following me on either twitter or facebook, you should, because those will probably be updated more often!

I'm sure that I'll post something tomorrow (gotta' try to maintain my daily posting) but I wanted to get some of this stuff out here now while I'm thinking about it!

Now, I must go make 87 batches of pudding for VBS tomorrow. Or maybe it was 8. Whatever.

8 comments:

  1. Getting excited for you! I hope this is THE BEST vacation/family time you have had!
    Praying for a safe and serene (as it can be with five kids!) trip!
    MARE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mare! I can't wait, and I can't believe it's this close!

    But of course I just remembered that I have to cut the grass tomorrow. Not that there's much to cut with the horrible heatwave that we've been having but it still needs to be done. Crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one busy lady! So smart to think of only having to bring in one suitcase at your friend's house. I'm never that clever.

    I hope you have an awesome time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every now and then the ol' brain kicks in and comes up with a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duhhhh. Tomorrow you're posting for me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Adrian, I was talking about today-tomorrow, not tomorrow-tomorrow! I posted this last night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'D LOVE TO FOLLOW YOU ON F/B BUT CAN'T. I CAN'T LOOK UP YOUR NAME TO ASK TO BE YOUR FRIEND. I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU. DRIVE CAREFUL AND MARE AND I WILL PRAY YOU ALL THE WAY. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granny, if you click on the facebook link way up on top of the post or down in the text, it'll take you to my blog page on facebook - you can "like" that page and follow me there!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.