buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Stress is good for some things....

Still continuing on the Pre-Vacation Cleaning Binge Rampage...

Emily started on this one for me by straightening up the books, which were an absolute disaster before. I sat and stared at the shelves while I was watching a movie last night, and just couldn't take it anymore.

I finished this at about 2:30 this morning.

Since I don't have a bedroom, my dresser is in the living room. Unfortunately, this leads to it turning into a catch-all, much like the cedar chest beside the loveseat...not to mention the floor around the area.

Whoa. I've never quite seen it like this before. (Ignore the toys on the floor in front of the TV. The boys were playing hard today while I was cleaning.)

The pile to the left of the loveseat (including the red crate) was about 10 years' worth of papers and pictures and general crap. 3 shredder containers later, it's been condensed into one box, sorted by kid, ready to be put into scrapbooks or filed, whichever needs to be done with it.

Wow. Empty floor space. I could get used to this.














I'm tired. I might have to take tomorrow off.

13 more days.

3 comments:

  1. Oh amy...it's looking GREAT! Take some time off..you know you'll be back at it again SOON!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mare! It's almost embarrassing to post the 'before' pictures, but it's helping with my motivation to get this done! LOL I keep crossing things off of my list - I have my house divided up into areas and I'm just tackling them one at a time - I think I technically still have 13 areas (I broke them down *really* far so that I feel like I'm accomplishing more - lots of little things vs. a few big things) but I think I can get it all done within the next few days if I keep at it.

    But, I'm tired. My neighbor wants me to go to the lake tomorrow and I'm not sure if I want to or not - long story - but I might go just to take a break from it!

    :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMY, I STILL THINK YOUR ONE GREAT MOM AND 13 DAYS WILL GO BY FAST IF YOU STAY BUSY. BUT PLEASE TRY HARD TO REST UP BEFORE THAT LONG DRIVE. YOUR HOUSE IS LOVELY. I HAVE AN EXTRA BEDROOM I'LL GIVE YOU IF YOU COME AND GET IT. LOL HUGS GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.