buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Taking a day off

I had every intention of continuing my Pre-Vacation Cleaning Binge Rampage and was going to work on the kitchen today. But, I was tired, and I was cranky, and after standing in there and simply rearraging the mess for a little while I decided to give it up and sew for a little bit.

Later this evening, I decided to take Alex and Daniel out for a little treat, so we took off for our favorite frozen yogurt place here in town.

Have to get every last drop of it!!

After that, we decided to go to the park and burn off some energy. Well, they burned while I sat on a bench and observed.

Alex found some treasures...

It was hot (notice the time, even) but it still felt good to be outside.

Daniel played peek-a-boo....

And I would have left without getting this picture, except that Alex pointed it out to me. :)












So instead of cleaning all night, I think I am going to sit my butt down on the couch, watch a movie (believe it or not, I got "On Golden Pond" from the library), and do my nails. Every now and then I can be girly.

10 comments:

  1. SO, SO CUTE, THAT'S ALL I'M GOING TO SAY HERE TONIGHT. THEIR JUST TO DARN CUTE.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice day! Glad you gave yourself a break...On Golden Pond AND nails! perfect...
    and it looks like the kiddos had a fab day too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I just found out we have Orange Leaf! I had no clue! We have it in Manhattan, but we just got it this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Granny and Mare! It was a good day.

    Adrian, this one is called Twisted Cow but I think it's the same basic concept! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been so busy that it makes me tired just reading what you are doing!!!

    so glad you took some time to do something fun.

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, I think I'm going to continue my cleaning strike for a while longer. I'm feeling the need to go to the lake today....

    But I will still be throwing in a few loads of laundry and doing other stuff - I can't get away with doing nothing at all. LOL

    :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMY, LET ME TEACH YOU HOW TO DO NOTHING. GRAB YOUR FAVORITE CHAIR AND SIT AND DO NOTHING. LOL

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granny, even when I try to do nothing, I still do something! Usually even if I'm sitting around, I'm at least making mental lists of everything that still has to be done, or I'm folding laundry, or something.

    Maybe, just maybe, while I'm on vacation, I'll get the chance to do nothing.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ya, sometimes we need to just sit back and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda, I've *almost* gone 2 days without cleaning! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.