buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday's Confession Booth

My friend Kristen over at A Little Something For Me has started a new thing for Fridays - The Confession Booth. So, on Fridays (maybe not every Friday, but on most) I'll post a confession and link it over to her blog - read mine, and then go to hers to read other bloggers' confessions. Some will be serious, some will be lighthearted, but I can guarantee that you'll find other blogs that you will enjoy!

Make sure you really read over Kristen's blog - she is a wonderful mom with a beautiful family, including a son with Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome. I had never heard of this until I stumbled upon her blog, and the way that she and her family deals with everything that is thrown at them is truly inspiring.

And, she's from Pennsylvania too - so she gets extra Coolness Points from me.

Photobucket


I've been thinking about this all week - trying to figure out what I wanted to confess. You know, I don't have many secrets. I really don't. My life is pretty much an open book, not just on this blog.

So without a deep, dark, juicy secret to confess, I figure I can maybe amuse you (and lighten the mood after last night) with some of my shallow, dimly lit, dry secrets.

I really don't like Oreos. The white stuff is ok, but I think that the cookie part is really kind of gross.

I bite my nails. And when I have them bitten down to bloody stumps, I pick at the skin around them. I've tried everything to stop, and have given up. Instead, I do my nails - like with the tips and the acrylic powder and everything. I don't mess with them when they're done, and doing them myself is cheaper than going to a salon every few weeks (although they don't look as good as salon nails, but oh well).

I don't own a hair dryer. Seriously. I wash, towel dry, pick, and go.

I think Chinese food is gross. I know, I know. It's almost un-American to walk past an All You Can Eat Chinese Buffet. But, see how you feel after ringing in the New Year in the fetal position on the bathroom floor, wishing for death to come quickly after an all-night vomitfest resulting from eating bad Chinese food. I was never crazy about it anyway, but that incident pretty much sealed its fate on my Things That Are Repulsive To Me list.

I balance my checkbook to the penny. OK, this one might not sound that strange to some, but it's just one of my "things". And when I say I balance it to the penny, I mean that literally. At least 3-4 times per week, I pull it out and log into my bank's website and balance it - and if it is off by $0.01, I will not quit until I find the discrepancy. Although I do have to say that since I do it that often, it's usually accurate.

I have been arrested. I was 19 (I think) and I got busted (along with a lot of other people at a party) for underage drinking. We were all loaded onto a city bus and taken to city hall (or whatever that building was) for mug shots and stuff. I don't remember most of it, but I got out of the charges on a technicality.

I also don't like Brussel sprouts (who does?), cole slaw, potato and/or macaroni salads, blueberries, and raisins. Ew. Just ew, to all of them.

I hardly ever actually read the books I get from the library. I check them out, keep them until they're overdue (with every intention of reading them) and return them without reading them. I consider my regular fines to be my own way of financially supporting the library. A donation, if you will.


Now, I must go balance my checkbook.

2 comments:

  1. CONFESSING.

    1.I DISLIKE ARROGANT PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING.ALWAYS CORRECTING YOU ON EVERYTHING YOU SAY.. I'M ALWAYS WILLING TO LISTEN TO THE OTHER SIDE. THEN MEET IN THE MIDDLE.

    2. PEOPLE THAT THINK THEIR BETTER THAN YOU.

    3.I HATE TO HAVE A MEAL READY AND NO ONE COMES AND SITS DOWN WHILE IT'S HOT.

    4. I DON'T LIKE HARD CRUST ON BREAD OR THE END PIECE OF THE LOAF.LOL, I DO LIKE GOOD BAKERY BREAD FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN.

    5. I DON'T LIKE MEAN PEOPLE. PERIOD.

    6. I ALSO DON'T LIKE "ME" PEOPLE.

    7. I DO LIKE PEOPLE THAT SHARE.

    8. I DISLIKE PEOPLE THAT HATE GOD AND CHRISTIANS.

    9. PEOPLE THAT HATE CHRISTIANS THEN WHEN THEY HAVE A BAD PROBLEM AND THEY ASK YOU TO PRAY FOR THEM. I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT AT ALL.

    10. I DON'T LIKE GIRLS OR WOMEN USING THE F WORD.WHEN PEOPLE SAY THE WORD IT PUT A VISION IN MY HEAD.[PUKE] TRUCKDRIVER TALK.SORRY THAT'S HOW I FEEL.


    11. ALL THE ABOVE I NEVER SIT AROUND AND THINK ABOUT THEM. NOT MY PROBLEM. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - you should have confessed on the linky! Amy - I love your blog and your confessions! I'm not a huge fan of chinese food either - and I balance my checkbook to.the.penny. also... but I only open it once a month :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.