After an evening of dealing with bickering kids, messy rooms, and general stress, this was pointed out to me:
It didn't really help my mood any that I have been telling the girls to clean their room for weeks now, and I still couldn't walk through it. So I gave them a time limit tonight, and when time was up, I cleaned up the floor. With a garbage bag. 99% of it was actually garbage - the other 1% they'll get back only because it consists of necessities that would create issues with Ex1 if I truly threw it away. But it's so tempting.
Earlier this evening, I got a phone call. From Alex's father. You know, the one who was supposed to pick him up at 10:00 tomorrow morning? I told him when he said 10:00 that if he wasn't here on time, we were leaving and he promised that he would be. Anyway, he called, and sure enough, he has to work until 2:30. Well guess what? I have plans. I had already made plans for me and Daniel, so now it'll be the three of us instead. We won't be back until evening, so he asked me to call him when we get back - I told him I would, but didn't think to tell him that I will NOT bring Alex to him again. He'll figure out eventually that if he's going to be a father, he's going to have to put forth the effort himself and not depend on me to do it.
On a more positive and cheery note, however, I did receive a very special something in the mail today. :) It took a little bit longer than I expected to get it back, but finally after our day in court last month, it is official. I just have a few more places to change it, and then that is done. Daniel officially has his new last name!
But for now, I think I'm going to go watch a movie, fold some laundry, and relax a little bit. I might even drink a cold adult beverage just for the heck of it!