buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Maybe I dumped too much.

I went on a 6 mile walk/run this morning, and when I got back and was telling The Dude about it, I referred to it as a "brain dump" kind of a run. While I was out there, my brain was running faster than my feet - I swear, give me enough time and energy and space to run, and I could solve all of the world's problems by the time I got back. I worked through so much crap in my head today - mostly financial stuff, but also stuff about The Dude (all good there, no need to worry), stuff about the kids, stuff about life in general, and just stuff.

By the time I got back, I felt like my head was clear, although my legs were a bit rubbery, and I continued about my day. I went over to The Dude's house and hung out with him for a while this afternoon, and we just enjoyed sitting around watching silly YouTube videos and talking.

Then the usual Wednesday evening chaos ensued, with all of the kids coming home and then having to get various ones to various places and back home and in bed again. It was probably one of the the more stressful Wednesday evenings that I've had to deal with in a while, but given that this is the first week back into the routine after the holidays, I guess I should have expected it.

And now, I think I might have dumped my brain a little too much. I had all sorts of profound things to talk about tonight, but I suddenly can't form a coherent thought. It might have to do with the horrendous lack of sleep from last night, or too much brain dumping this morning, or too much chaos this evening, or any combination of the above. So instead, I'm going to give you the few pictures that I snapped while I was out running...










And finally one shot from basketball practice. There is so much behind this picture that I can't even begin to explain - but I'm posting it here because I want to remember to go into it at some point. Let's just say that this is a very rare moment.


And now, I'm going to take my rubbery legs and go brush my teeth and take my empty head to bed and hope that I get some sleep. Tomorrow is one of the days where I have to be up by 5:30am to get everyone up and fed and dressed and out the door by 7:15 to get them all to school on time, and then it just gets crazier from there.

So here's to hoping for a good night's sleep tonight....

6 comments:

  1. I hoped you slept well.
    Pics are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to admit, when i first read the title, i was worried. has she got the stomach bug TOO? lol
    all jokes aside, even if you were tired and brain-dumped, i enjoyed this one :)
    sleep well mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually did sleep really well...just not enough, still.

    I have some ideas on some things I want to do with a couple of those pictures, but I just haven't quite worked it out in my head yet. Maybe I need another brain dump run, which I should get tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, Like Ranting and Raving, I was thinking the same thing.

    I do the same thing, brain dumping, when I go for a bike ride. I love to head out on the open road and just ride and leave all my thoughts behind me. It's freeing. :)

    Happy #CommentDay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am far too familiar with the brain dump concept. It seems to happen more often and more unexpectedly as I get older. Thanks so much for sharing! Happy Comment Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got caught up with you. Wow you are one busy lady! Glad The Dude is around to help.
    Congrats on your run. More power to you!

    Happy 2012!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.