buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend recap in pictures

First there was basketball. Emily's team won in overtime.




Then there was the drive to Oklahoma City. And yes, I even let The Dude drive for a while. It was stressful - not because he's a bad driver (he did fine) but because I suck at letting go of control.




Then there was the wedding...




...and the reception...








....and the afterparty...


After The Dude and I checked out of the hotel, we went to the Oklahoma City Memorial. I had been there before, but this was his first visit. The foundation from the Murrah Building is still there, and the memorial is in the footprint of the building. The reflecting pool is where the street that ran in front of the building was. At one end of the memorial is a chain link fence where people have left mementos - I had not seen that before, and it was powerful to say the least.












And just to lighten up the mood a bit...



My friend Kelly and her son Alex (you might remember them from our road trip to Texas last spring) met us and we all went out to lunch together. It was great to see them again and to visit with them - we just need to do it more often!


We left 70+ degree weather down there and headed back. We stopped in Wichita to get Daniel from my friend and then came home, driving through freezing rain and snow. Alex got here shortly after that and then we took The Dude home.

The weekend was amazing. Just amazing. The Dude and I had so much fun and it was so nice to get away, even if it wasn't for a very long period of time. It was great to really have some quality time together to just talk and tell stories and enjoy each other's company. Plus, it was nice for me to have a hottie for my date! :)

Now, it's time to plan the next road trip....which might be even more of a challenge than this one was. But, I figure that we survived this one without killing each other (and we still like each other) so we should be able to make it through a bigger one!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Rest in Peace, JoePa.

10 comments:

  1. So much fun. I enjoyed every minute of it. I can't wait for the next one!

    Seeing as I had one of the hottest women in the building on my arm, I gotta say, I'd definitely do it again!

    Thanks to Cole and Arielle for sharing their special day with us!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just so happy that you went with me - but we've had that discussion already!

      Next trip - if we can pull it off - will definitely be an adventure!

      Delete
  2. Amy, thanks so much for sharing your weekend...you two really looked great (not that you don't always look good, but...come on, this was a treat to see you all dolled up!)
    I have to say the very best part is the "happy" on your face...for that, I want to say, "thank you Dude!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mare, it was really a wonderful weekend, and I am truly happy. He is amazing and I know that I've said it before, but I plan on keeping him around for a very long time!

      Delete
  3. awesome! you looked simply amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see the children's part of the memorial? It's a large open area with chalk so you can draw on the concrete and leave a sentiment or a chalk picture or whatever for the children that lost their lives. I left a message there years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We walked past it, but didn't stop - I saw it the last time that I was there though. We are planning on going back down at some point when we can take the time to go through the museum and really see it all.

      Delete
  5. OH geezzzz that was a REALLY close up picture of me! I look aweful! But Oh well, It was great seeing you guys! Kudos to The Dude for surviving the trip AND driving!

    -Kells

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're gorgeous, Mama! Deal with it! So great to see you again, and we're going to plan another trip down there - hopefully it won't be so windy this time.

      Delete
  6. HERE I GO AGAIN. LET SEE IF THIS GOES THROUGH. THE PICTURES SHOWS A REAL NICE ADVENTURE. THE WEDDING LOOKED LOVELY. I MUST SAY YOU ARE REALLY PRETTY ALL DOLLED UP. PLUS, THE DUDE [WOW] VERY HANDSOME. BUT I DO KNOW HOW YOU LIKE CASUAL. ME TOO. I DON'T LIKE FANCY. TO MANY YEARS OF HAVING TO BE FANCY AT TIMES. NEVER COULD WAIT TO GET OUT OF THE GIRDLE AND BACK INTO MY JEANS. I LOVE DOWN TO EARTH PEOPLE BEST IN MY LIFE.TIME FOR BED. GLAD YOU HAD A WONDERFUL TIME.NICE THAT YOU MADE TIME FOR YOURSELF. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.