buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, March 23, 2012

A day in the dirt

After 4 days of pretty solid rain, we were ready to get outside when we saw that the sun was shining this morning. I love the rain - don't get me wrong - but having that much rain when the kids are off school for Spring Break is really kind of a downer - not to mention that getting that much at a time makes my body hurt.

Anyway, my number one priority today was to tackle the flowerbed - again. This time I actually worked on digging up the weeds instead of pulling them, because these suckers have deep roots. I still didn't do a stellar job, but I figure if I keep working on it little by little, eventually I'll get rid of the weeds.

All in all, by the end, it definitely looked better, although the pounding rain did take a toll on some of the tulip plants.


More tulips are starting to bloom, while the first batch of pale yellow ones are just about spent. The sedum is growing out quite nicely too.






While I worked, I tried to keep the boys occupied in the front yard, but they were bored. They tried riding their bikes for a while but got frustrated with that and got even more bored. Finally, I came up with the brilliant(?) idea to let them play in a big puddle in the driveway. I even moved the van back out of the way just to keep them occupied.

It worked.







After we were done outside, I stripped the boys naked on the front porch (literally) and then chased them inside and straight to the bathtub. That was easily one of the most disgusting baths that I've ever had the opportunity to give - but they eventually got clean and then ate supper, and I took a shower since they nonchalantly flung a handful of mud in my direction and got me right upside the face with it. Then we strolled down the street to the grocery store, and I caught a few shots on the way back.




Now they are playing and watching a movie, and will be heading to bed soon, and I am going to work on some sewing that I have been trying to do for weeks....we'll see how far I get on that one!

6 comments:

  1. I want a picture of you with mud upside your face. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU MADE MY DAY WITH THESE PICTURE. WITHOUT A DOUBT THEY ARE THE SWEETEST LITTLE BOYS. THEY SURE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME. LETTTING THEM PLAY IN THE MUD IS WORTH A A PLUS. JUST WAIT UNTIL THEY GET TO BE TEENAGERS AND WANT TO DRIVE THEIR CARS IN THE MUD RACES. I CAN SEE IT NOW. YOU OUT THERE WITH THE CHECKER FLAG.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got a bunch of snow, so nice to see ur pics of green.. Where do u live.. is that California..? I'm in Edmonton area, Alberta.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are actually in Kansas - right smack dab in the center of the U.S. And even though it's nice out now, I would not be the least bit surprised if we didn't get snow at least one more time before it finally warms up for real!

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.