buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Yard cleanup

Today was filled with the usual...running around to get the boys to and from school, trying to clean and do laundry, and then the yardwork.

I put off mowing the grass last week because of the impending storms, so it was out of control by the time I got out there today. I was on a mission to get it done while Daniel was in school but a friend stopped by with her new puppy and so we talked for probably close to an hour before she left. I shifted it into high gear, but still didn't get done before I had to leave. But, it only took about 10 minutes to finish it after, and then the boys and I gathered up all of the sticks and branches that came down over the winter and during the storms. All told, there wasn't as much as I thought that there was going to be, and they're all bundled up and waiting for the trash guys to take them away tomorrow....you know, before the kids can use them as weapons against each other any more.

Poor Daniel - I don't know what they did to him at school today, but he was tired! After we got done picking up sticks, he played on the swingset for a while before we came back inside. I went back out for a few minutes to talk to the neighbors and when I came back in, this is what I found. I tried to wake him up for supper, but he wasn't having any of it. I eventually just tossed him into bed, clothes and all....and knowing him, he'll sleep through the night and I'll have to drag him out of bed in the morning to take Alex to school.

By the way, he loves his red socks. He would wear them every day if I let him. He does really good picking out his own clothes and getting himself dressed, except for those blasted red socks!

Anyway, the rest of this week (and the next few weeks, actually) is going to be crazy busy. Alex and Daniel have parent/teacher conferences this week, Alex gets out of school early on Friday, the girls and I are doing a 5K on Saturday....and it just keeps going and going and going....at this point, the half-marathon is less than 2 weeks away and I am so not ready for it! I have got to get my rear in gear and get out and run as much as I can between now and then.

At this point, I'll be able to somewhat relax sometime after about May 6. Too bad I can't use my caffeine crutch anymore! 27 days and counting.....

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute. He can fall asleep in ANY POSITION!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAKE A COLLAGE OF ALL THE PICTURES OF HIM SLEEPING AND FRAME IT. IT'LL BE FUN WHEN HE'S GROWN UP. YOU CAN GIVE IT TO HIM AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT. I LOVE THE IDEA.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.