buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Basketball, laundry, and .... ghosts?

So Sarah had her first basketball games last night. This is the first year that she's actually playing on the school team and not on the rec league, so it's a little bit different, but she is still having a great time. 
The biggest challenge for me is trying to keep the boys occupied for 3 full basketball games - they started out great, but of course that didn't last very long. They can only sit still and amuse themselves for a certain period of time, and 3 1/2 hours far exceeded that last night.


They really do like each other -
sometimes.

Sarah did kick some serious butt during the first game. The game was pretty fast-paced and intense, and she got at least 2 baskets, including this one - I just wish that the picture would have come out a little bit clearer.















Getting some pointers from one of the coaches.
I love this picture.
So they won the first game, which was the 7th grade team. The 8th grade team played next, and they lost. The third game is a combination of 7th and 8th graders, and Sarah got quite a bit of playing time in that game too until she got hurt. We aren't sure what happened because it was over in a split second, but she was airborne and then she was on the floor. She ended up hurting her thumb, but it appears to just be sprained at this point - although of course she thinks that she's dying. Anyway, they ended up losing that game too.

So we came home, dealt with attitudes, and the kids went to bed. The Dude came over to hang out and we watched a movie and then crashed.

Today started out like a fairly typical day. I got the kids up and off to school and then came back home and crawled back into bed because I really wasn't feeling too hot. The Dude took off for work, and I slept for a couple more hours. Then I decided that I was going to strip my bed and wash the sheets and the mattress pad.

First mistake.

I've washed that mattress pad a dozen times before, and I've never had an issue with it. This time, however, it somehow worked its way up and out of the washer tub and part of it apparently got jammed between the tub and the shell of the washer, and caused water to go all over the floor in the laundry room. I started to clean that up, and then the next thing I knew I was rearranging stuff.

I hate when that happens.



In the process of moving things around in there, I attempted to move the chest freezer about 8" from where it was so that it would be against the wall to save some room. It wouldn't move. So I shoved it. Hard. And something popped from inside it. And then I realized that the reason that it wouldn't move was because the cord wasn't long enough. And then it shut off and wouldn't come back on again.

Seriously? Did I just kill my freezer?

Actually, it appears that I did not kill it. It did eventually come back on. And I did get it moved to where I wanted it to be - I just plugged it into a power strip to give me a little extra leeway for positioning.

So I'm not completely done organizing in there, but it definitely looks better. I have some stuff that needs to go out into the garage, but that won't happen until daytime - so for now it'll just get piled up on the porch. Realistically it'll probably sit on the porch until it annoys me enough for me to put it in the garage.


Now, I've mentioned my ghost a few times. I don't talk about him a whole lot, because, well, people might think that I'm crazy. But there is definitely something in this house. I noticed a bunch of really weird stuff today, but I didn't say anything to anyone about it, other than some friends online.

I was trying to get all of the kids to go to bed, and thought that I had succeeded when the girls came back out and started complaining to me that their room is really spooky. They couldn't tell me what specifically was bothering them - just that it was "creeping them out". I assured them that everything was fine and told them to go back to bed. They turned around and started heading for the hallway when they both yelped in fear...



....and then busted up laughing.


Yes, he was asleep. In the hallway. On the hardwood floor.

No, I did not leave him there. I put him in bed.

6 comments:

  1. Did the ghost put him there or does he sleep walk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How he ended up there is still up for debate. His father told me that he's been having issues with him sleepwalking over there, but I've never caught him doing it here. He was out in the living room shortly before I took this picture, whining that he didn't want to go to bed, so I'm guessing that he sat in the hallway (in defiance) and then passed out. LOL

      Delete
  2. THIS WAS SO GREAT TODAY. LOVE THE KISS PICTURE. [WONDERFUL] BUT MOST OF ALL HAD A BELLY LAUGH OVER THE YOUR SON ON THE FLOOR SLEEPING. POOR LITTLE GUY. LOCK YOUR DOORS TIGHT OR YOU MAY FIND HIM IN TOWN AT THE BIG MAC. YOU LIVE AN INTERESTING LIFE.GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well luckily he'd have to walk right past me in order to get out of the house, so I think we might be safe in that respect - at least I hope so!

      Delete
  3. great post! I love that your kids go narcoleptic ANYWHERE in your house.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.