buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Let the (basketball) chaos begin...


Today started out entirely too early.

Sunrise. As beautiful as they are, I'd like to sleep through
one once in a while.

I had to have the herd up and fed and dressed and out the door by 7:30 in order to get Jared to a basketball clinic - which is the official kickoff for the season for him. This is his first year playing, and he's looking forward to it like crazy - but it was so funny watching him out there because he is TINY compared to the rest of the boys. But, he had fun and at this point, that's all that matters.

The ball really is bouncing - just doesn't look like it!

He gets the "Tongue Out Concentration" from me -
I admit it.
We had to leave him at the clinic so that I could take Emily across the parking lot to the other school for a parent meeting for HER basketball stuff. Her practices haven't started yet, but this was just the typical pre-season stuff that we've sat through more than a few times already. It's going to be insane with both of them playing in the rec league and then Sarah on the school team.....but insanity is my life at this point.

Then we went down the street for Emily to run in a 5K. Originally both of the girls had signed up for it, but Sarah decided at the last minute that she didn't want to do it. I wanted to, but I didn't have anyone to watch the boys so I got to just watch for a change. After the runners took off, we walked around for a while and then stopped at the library to kill some time until Emily got done running.

And they're off!

Jared decided to chase them as they came back through town.

And heading for the finish - in midair.
The weather was gorgeous - windy, but gorgeous. And oh-so-warm too. But, that didn't last.

Uh huh. In November.

Shorts. In November.

Need to tweak your archery skills for the
zombie apocalypse? WalHell has your
practice targets!
After she got done with the race we came back home for a quick lunch, then had to take Alex out to meet up with some of the Scouts to sell some more popcorn. While he was there, we did some quick shopping, then came back home thinking that we had a couple of hours until we had to pick him up again. Instead, we got the call to pick him up early because (1) he "lost his attention span" and (2) it was just too windy to be outside much longer. So we went and grabbed him then came home and I got to watch some football before making supper.

Then baths....then cleanup....then bedtime for kids.




And then the fireworks started outside...


Screen grab from some video that I shot.
Can't see a whole lot in this video, but you can hear the wind. Sort of. It was pretty intense for about 30 minutes or so, but kind of disappointing for someone who loves a good thunderstorm as much as I do.

4 comments:

  1. I RAN THIS MORNING ALSO. I RAN TO THE BATHROOM. LOL

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Zombie shooting targets.
    We were at Gander Mountain over the weekend, and they had a gun called the "zombie killer"... I died laughing.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.