buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

It was a dark and stormy night. OK, not really.

It was kind of a typical Kansas springtime afternoon and evening here in this neck o' the woods. There were thunderstorm and tornado watches and warnings all over the state, we've been warned for days that it could get ugly today.

My immediate area got nothing but wind and rain, but there were tornadoes in other areas that in the grand scheme of things - are not that far from me. Some of my friends have damage to their homes, but luckily nothing is severe.

I enjoy the storms. I don't know why, but I do. I watch the radar and I stay aware of what is going on, but I don't get scared. I did get a little worried tonight, but as usual we just didn't get much. Anyway, here are a few pictures.

Obviously, the storms don't bother him either. He looked out
the window for a few minutes, then took a nap.

After the storms

Another after shot.

Just to give you an idea of how hard the wind was blowing -
this porch is completely covered by a roof - yet was soaked
along with the walls because the rain was coming in
horizontally.

Front yard

Water flowing down the street. And my glorious crocs.

After.

The joys of living in town - can't get a decent shot
without power lines and buildings.

The calm after the storm.

And some video of Round 2 from tonight:

1 comment:

  1. It's a twista--a twista...

    Auntie Em !!!!

    Auntie Em!!!

    You said Kansas.. I thought Wizard of Oz.

    *slightly ashamed*

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.