buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Late night cleaning observations

~ I get much more cleaning done when The Dude is here using my computer - because I can't get distracted by it and sit down "for just a minute" instead of cleaning.

~ Crayon chunks multiply and hide in every nook and cranny of this house.

~ Pieces of crayon wrappers multiply exponentially and find even more interesting places to hide.

~ I am thankful that my kids aren't into Legos - but stepping on a toy car is also painful.

~ Sand should be banished from every playground in the world. Or shoes should be made so that they are sand-proof.

~ Hardwood floors are easier to clean than carpet when sand is involved.

~ The kids bring home entirely too many papers from school.

~ I don't have the burning desire to clean off the top of my desk until someone else is sitting there using it.

~ All couch cushions should be permanently attached to the couch, with no way for anything to slip underneath them. On second thought, hard plastic benches that are able to be powerwashed might be a better idea than anything that is upholstered.

~ Knowing that my mop is broken and unusable makes me want to mop the floors more than usual. Knowing that I can't do that is irritating me to death.

~ Sitting here making a list of late night cleaning observations while The Dude runs home to get paperwork that he needs is just enough of a distraction to make me not want to clean anymore tonight - but maybe if I get off of my butt right now, I can have the top of the desk cleaned off by the time he gets back over here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man... I cleaned behind the cushions in the sofa last week.. and was thoroughly disgusted.

    Emry is WAY into legos... My feet hurt... A LOT.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.