buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Random thoughts and stuff.

 ~~As tired as I am of not having my van (or The Dude's truck)....I am grateful that I get to see sights like I did while I was walking the boys to school this morning. The sunrise over the creek running through town was gorgeous, and there was just enough of a chill in the air to make the temperature perfect.

~~Judgmental people are everywhere right now. Holy crap, people - I'm not even talking about blog stuff now, I'm talking about real life idiots who think that they know what's best for everyone when in reality they have no clue!

~~The rain and snow that we've had over the past few months have definitely helped with the drought that we've been experiencing. The creek finally has water in it, but it's still not at capacity, and it's still pretty slimy. But, it's water. And we need it so desperately.

~~The boys seem to be getting used to walking everywhere - and they even enjoyed walking home from school in the rain this afternoon (even though it was barely sprinkling).

~~Wint-o-green lifesavers are addicting.

~~No matter how much time I spend organizing the top of my desk, it still looks like a disaster area.

~~I get more cleaning and organizing done in the 10 minutes before company arrives than I get done all day long.

~~Having a store directly across the street is convenient when I run out of dishwasher detergent, but deadly when I have chocolate cravings.

~~My van is supposed to get towed out of here tomorrow evening and taken to the guy who is going to fix it for me. The parts are supposed to be here tomorrow, a friend is towing it for me, the guy says he can do it, but I won't feel better about it until he calls me and says that it's done because my biggest fear right now is that something else major is going to go wrong and it's not going to be able to get fixed and then we'll be back to square one.

~~The Dude went back to the doctor today to get the results of the MRI on his shoulder, and although there is some damage, it's not as bad as we previously thought - so NO SURGERY! Yay! Best news that we've gotten in the past few weeks months.

~~My legs and ankles are finally starting to feel better after Sunday's little race. I'm still a bit sore, but I definitely survived. Having to walk back and forth to work and to school has kind of forced that issue though (although I may have gotten a ride or two here and there)(I'm human).

~~I need more lifesavers.

2 comments:

  1. Those wint-o-green mints are terribly addicting. My grandfather used to suck on those after he told everyone he quit smoking (to hide the smell of cigarettes on his breath). I used to steal them from him every morning before school. Such fond memories! <3

    That was a beautiful sunrise. I bet the boys did have fun walking in the sprinkles. Some of my favorite memories are of playing in the rain.

    I'm glad to hear The Dude's shoulder isn't as bad as you thought. I hope he gets better soon! Poor guy.

    Hopefully your vehicle problem will soon be solved. It's good to have friends to in the right places to help out when necessary. I hope it gets done soon and gets done properly.

    I never get as much cleaning done as I do just before I know someone is coming over. I can let so much slide for so long until someone says "Hey, I think I'll pop over in a few minutes..." Then I'm scrambling around furiously, sweating and hiding stuff in odd places just to make it out of sight. lol

    As always, you rock. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunrise is gorgeous...

    And, yes, I clean better in the 10 minutes before company arrives as well... It's weird...

    I'm glad he doesn't need surgery!!!!!

    Keep finding the light, keep moving towards it... Sooner or later you all will be there.

    The biggest stress yields the greatest rewards. I think God tests us like that. Silly guy!

    **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.