buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

So I was walking to work...

Since both of our vehicles are dead, I've been walking back and forth to work a lot over the past couple of weeks. I don't always go the same way - but I made sure to go a certain way today specifically to get pictures of this.

Doesn't look so bad from here...


Then as you get a little closer, you realize exactly what is going on...


Yes, that is a dog - doing its best to scare the living crap out of anyone who walks past its 6' tall privacy fence.


The first time I walked through here, I had my head down and my headphones on, and all of a sudden there was really loud barking and growling coming from above my head. I'm pretty sure that if someone filmed it, they are very rich right now because I squealed and jumped and just about ran, thinking that I was about to get attacked. There are at least 2 dogs in that fence, and they throw a royal fit every time I walk past - because of course I keep forgetting about them and so I keep walking past them. Like an idiot.

Just a few blocks away from the psycho-dogs, I get to walk past some Kansas skyscrapers.




Hopefully, today was the last day that I have to walk for a while. The Dude *thinks* that he has the truck fixed, but I refuse to believe it until I actually see it for myself - because I just know the way that our luck runs. I did manage to hitch a ride home after work with a coworker, so that was nice. And a friend took the boys to school for me this morning - and that was a huge help.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In other news.....in case you didn't catch it on my facebook page, it appears that the Tooth Fairy has to make another visit. Luckily, a letter isn't necessary this time around since the boys don't seem to trash their room as much as the girls do.


Now I have to go throw a load of laundry in the washer so that I have clean clothes to wear to work tomorrow....and I think I'm actually going to try to get to bed at a reasonable hour again because for whatever reason, my allergies are kicking my butt. Blah.

4 comments:

  1. It seems everyone is having a rough time with allergies this year, myself included.. I hope your truck is fixed so you don't have to walk everywhere. Exercise is good but driving is quicker...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I would have piddled in my pantaloons! A flying dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, we have a dog like that up the street from me.. but, the fence isn't nearly as high...

    I'm always afraid he's going to launch himself at me...
    So scared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well good thing you don't have to get out the EVIL letter!!! LOL!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.