buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Catching up

I know I've been totally neglecting the blog over the past few days. Things have been hectic, to say the least.

Between working and taking care of the house and spending time with The Dude and being sick and fixing vehicles and life in general, I just haven't really had time to sit down and breathe - and when I do, I instantly fall asleep.

And from what I found out tonight, it's only going to get worse. The girls are involved in basketball, volleyball, and weightlifting during the summer. Jared is going to be taking swimming lessons. Alex and Daniel are both in Scouts. It's crazy. If I thought that I was running non-stop before, it's only going to get worse now.

I found out today that some of the plans that we had already made for the summer are going to have to change for a multitude of reasons. It does appear that we are going to have to cancel TMOART:13, which makes me very unhappy but this is one of those times when I have to make the grown-up decision to focus more on the most important things - and right now our biggest priority is to get moved so that all of my kids are in the same school district before August. That has to take precedence over anything else.

Now, if we happen to win the lottery.....that could change. However, I'm not going to count on that happening anytime soon.

So over the next few days, I have a bunch of projects to work on around the house, and lots of things to get done so that I can feel like my head is on straight(ish) again.  Hopefully the remains of the allergy fog will lift and I'll be able to function a bit more efficiently and I can just get back into the swing of things again. I've been lazy for a few days and now it's time to get back to reality.

Right after I pass out for the night.

Totally random shot. Just thought that it was cool -
and not seen very often anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Caboose!

    There is a little deli by us, it's right off the train tracks... the line that is no longer used... except for the random freight train...

    Well, obviously somewhere along the line, a caboose was left behind. It has become "mascot" (if you will) for this little deli...

    It makes the best sandwiches EVER.
    We go hiking along the unused tracks... It makes Emry very happy.

    You bust your butt, and you get all your kids in the same school district.
    We will all be here, cheering you on.
    Think of it like a marathon... you are in the final stretch... your legs are hurting, and that weird stitch in your side is probably forming.. BUT YOU ARE SO DARN CLOSE.. Keep pushing... The finish is coming...

    Can you feel it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a webcam, you could have a "Skype vacation" with your relatives and friends. Camp out in the backyard. Have your kid write letters and make pictures for their g&g and cousins/aunts/uncles and then send them off. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.